January 4, 2008

11:00 a.m.

We were discharged around 11:00 a.m., but were kind of apprehensive about leaving so soon.

1. he wasn't on the bottle yet
2. his pain was still very present - still on codeine
3. the hotel definitely wouldn't have stand-by nurses &
4. WE REALLY HADN'T HAD ANY SLEEP!!
I was told by a couple of moms that if you aren't ready to leave and don't feel it's in the best interest for Bauer then stay an extra night or two.
On the other hand we couldn't wait to get out of there. No more beeping, no more people running in at all hours of the night, only 3 people in our room, and no more bed cage or fold out chair!!

We loaded everything up and headed out.
My brother flew back to Florida yesterday and Dad has a flight out this afternoon. My grandma arrived about the time we were discharged and is staying 4 days. It's been tons of help having someone up here. Just simply knowing someone is there if you need to step out for a breather is wonderful.

48 hrs

After 2 days Bauer's face was still a good bit swollen. By 5 o'clock that morning the doctors came in and removed the packing from his nose. We could tell it really made breathing more comfortable and therefore eating was easier too. We were still syringe feeding by the end of the day, but things were improving much more than we had expected. He was taking in anywhere from 2 - 5 oz. per feeding. They weren't as frequent as normal, but he was getting calories.

NOTICE!

The archives start with the most recent events. You must read from bottom to top.