September 25, 2007

THE LORD IS GOOD!!

We have been dying to talk to more families who have gone through the surgeries to get any advice we can. On Sunday night we got a call from a family in Boston. They used Dr. Mulliken, our doctor, and had nothing but wonderful things to say about him, his nurse, and the surgery.

Their little girl, Ivy, had an almost identical cleft to Bauer's. We couldn't believe the results afterwards. You can barely tell the cleft was ever there. She is beautiful!


The mom, Karin, said Ivy healed so quickly afterwards. She was feeding on the Haberman within 2 days. YEAH! So encouraging!!!!!

Karin gave us some details about right after the surgery that I'm sure we'll be glad we knew beforehand. Some of the things she said will look scary, but are normal and will heal well. It gave us a great idea of what to expect afterwards. We will be in contact with them throughout the surgeries and hopefully longer. They are a wonderful family. I think we may get to meet them when we go up in December.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Hello!

My name is Darcy and my daughter, Rachel, was born with a complete unilateral cleft lip and palate and aveolar ridge.

I am so happy to have found your blog. It always means so much to find other parents out there journaling their cleft journeys online. I will bookmark and visit often. :)

My daughter is 3 now, and she's gone through the lip and palate repairs. Tomorrow she will have surgery to put tubes in her ears to help with the fluid and help her speech continue on the right track. If you want to check out her story, her blog is Rachel's Journey, and I have all my cleft related posts in categories listed on the left side of the blog.

I would LOVE to be able to add your blog to my list of personal blogs if that is okay with you??

Your little guy is such a cutie and I just want to reach through this monitor and hug him. You'll be amazed at how much you sometimes miss that wide smile, once it's repaired, after all, it's the face you came to love. :)

Blessings,
Darcy

3beansandanut said...

Such awesome news! You know the Lord is looking after your family and everything will work out....

Miss you at the KLC!!!!

NOTICE!

The archives start with the most recent events. You must read from bottom to top.